Thursday, August 22, 2013

Triangles Are my Favorite Shape

http://stealherstyle.net/tattoos/ellie-goulding-tattoos/

You know Ellie Goulding. 
I'm kind of a huge creep on her, as most inhabitants of the internet know. 
I have also admitted to being a sucker for song lyrics. I mean...it's bad. <3

I need to know the lyrics to any song before I can even begin to judge whether I like the song, or whether it is "good". 
Shitty lyrics? Shitty song. I do like a lot of shitty songs, too, don't worry. I listen to some terrible fantastic music during trying times.
Please don't judge how shitty it looks here.
 Definitely getting it touched
up when I go in to color my Phoenix.
Maybe I will put some maroon in this one too.
I don't need to though because Ellie Goulding's songs are magnificent. Her lyrics. I just feel like...ahhh it's a mind fuck. Like this, this, this red triangle thing! THAT'S the only time I thought I was truly gone mad, lost my marbles, went off the deep end. When I listened to the first CD again and kept picking up on every. thing. I finally understood every song. it all made sense. Some of the phrases she used were things I had heard come out of my own mouth, that month. Which also makes sense considering I listen to them so much, but you know. They were not on my mind when I was trying to explain my insane(ly awesome) thought process and the skeleton of a plan that was beginning to form in my mind in Switzerland. I just couldn't find adequate words. I still can't. Ellie can, though. I had the UK edition of her first album- Bright Lights- in my red car Fiona, then transferred it to my sexually ambiguous Prius named Reagan. So I had that as my go-to CD for years. 
I have been trying to figure out what the hell my triangles meant. They came back. I filled pages! I remember the red ones too at the start of 2008....ahhh already flooded with thoughts, I need to go roam around for a bit. I'm too excited! This is what Ellie said in an interview about her red triangle tattoo...which I didn't know she had. I have a triangle, the deathly hallows symbol.


There it is, sneaky tat!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
-Albus Dumbledore to Harry
 to keep Harry from returning to the Mirror of Erised
and staring, wishing, hoping, pining for his family that he would never get back.
British singer and songwriter Ellie Goulding has only one tattoo. Her tattoo is an outline of a triangle on the inside of her right wrist. Ellie loves triangles and she explained “Triangles are my favourite shape, three points where two lines meet.” Ellie Goulding fans might be aware of her love of triangles from her song “Wish I Stayed,” in which she sings 
“Why do I always draw triangles instead of the words this paper so deserves?”
She told GQ magazine “I got a random tattoo the other day. It’s a red triangle, which makes everyone think I’m arty, which I’m not. I used to draw red triangles all the time. It must mean something — maybe I don’t know it yet. But I’ll figure it out.”












My Phoenix is on its' way. It still needs...all the color. 
I am waiting for the opportune moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts!